P1316 code

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My truck showed this 3 times today. Once going to work and twice coming back. I think its someting to do with the Injector circut/IDM codes detected. But once I cleared it, it would run fine until the CEL would come on.
Thanks in advance.
Gail

Whata250

Whata250
Reaction score
That code means you're having trouble in the injector circuits. Most scanners won't give you the codes that P1316 tells you are stored in the IDM (injector driver module).

Most likely your problem is the under valve cover wiring harness that feeds the injectors is coming loose on one side or the other. Pulling the IDM codes will tell you which side to look at.

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
How do you pull codes off the IDM? I am thinking it is probally a harness, but don't want to buy parts I don't need. 2 weeks ago the harnesses looked fine when I had the valve covers off.
Thanks
Gail

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I should be able to use one Monday or Tuesday. The only thing is it seems to do it intermintinly. When I pull up to a stop light I can hear what sounds like a partial miss, but the truck doesn't shake like it is not firing at all and the CEL isn't on. Sometimes it runs just fine and lately the CEL has been coming on. Two weeks ago I had the harnesses apart and put dielectric grease on all the connections even the injectors and at that time it all looked fine but the wires must be getting old and have bad connections to the pins.
Thanks
Gail

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I pulled my truck into the shop to check the wires and connectors and found the problem. I unhooked the main engine harness turned it over and found the wire that fires Number 6 injector rubbed through. I seen where it was rubbing and shorting out on the valve cover. I taped up the wire and bent the connector holder so it wouldn't rub anymore and problem solved.
Thanks for the help.
Gail

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl