P40??

arctic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
There is a local station selling p40 diesel. Is anyone familiar with this type of diesel. It has a gelling point of -40 and suppose to have the lubricitiy of a dielsel #2. Any info would be great.

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
Around here you can get blended fuel in a 60/40 ratio of no. 1 and 2. Iv'e never heard in called that and doubt if it would be good to -40 below. How much does it cost?

arctic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
it is being advertised as P40. I know that there is a P40 in a dyed fuel but haven't heard of any in a clear fuel. I am being told it's about the same price as #2. I was also told that this particular fuel is high in sulfur. I know nothing about it just wondering if anyone else is familiar with it. When i find out more i will post.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
If it is high in sulfur, over 15 ppm, then it is not legal to use on the road.
Thats a Federal Law. Must be off road fuel. If it is over 15 ppm and dyed as it should be, you don't want to get caught with that in your tank or any traces of it on the road ways. BIG fines.
Rick H...

arctic

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just found out that this product is made in Canada right on the North Dakota border of Williston. It is a clear fuel for highway use. Apparently its just found in the northern part of the states:dunno Still researching:watchout

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58