Paint Protection Film

Silver_Crew

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I just took off the factory step/running board to put on the N-Fab bars. Trying to stop the door dings:rant Does not seem to matter how far out I park, when I come back to the truck some schmuck is parked on top of it. Now with the bars full length, they will give some damage back to the idiot's vehicle.

Now with less coverage of the lower part of the cab & doors. Is the paint protection film worth it? The lowest price that I have found for a pre cut kit is around $600:wow Would like to hear likes, dislikes & experiences of the different brands also.

One other thing. How are you keeping the inside of the lower door jams clean? Looks like that could be a challenge.

Thanks, Greg

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I been using touch up paint for the paint rubs as we have some miles on the Excursion as well as it being near 6 years old.

Won't the paint protection film start to color/yellow as time goes on? I'd figure the film could be effected by various chemicals such as those from car wash liquids,road grease/oils,road salt,engine coolant,etc.

I just wouldn't want to be the one to have to remove the film and have to account if any body/paint work has to be done with it installed on the paint surface.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl