Painted up my wheels!

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my aluminum wheels weren't kept up too well when i got my truck, and I didn't do much to help them along the last few months. I was in the market for a wheel/tire combo on craigslist but couldn't find much for my year. So I opted to paint them and get new tires here in a month or so. I figured the black will prolong my new wheel purchase until my next tire purchase in a couple of years. I could have buffed them out, but i did that on one of my last trucks and it was a royal pita. I degreased it with purple power and roughed up the surface with a red Brillo pad. I used vht gloss epoxy paint. Turned out rather well I think. The wheels were pretty pitted and corroded so I think it looks 99% better.

a6cd8e35-76c0-8f63.jpg

a6cd8e35-76e2-5653.jpg

a6cd8e35-78f4-d02b.jpg

a6cd8e35-790b-a99f.jpg

a6cd8e35-7935-1119.jpg

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Deerjager

Meister Gewehr
Reaction score
Man, those look good. Why would you want to buy another set? One suggestions would be to paint the bolt heads on the outer rim for a little more silver accent. May be a PITA to do that.

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love how they turned out, the wheel and tire packages I find on craigslist are at prices that can't be beat ha ha. But since I couldn't find any this time around I opted for new tires since I need then now so I'm getting those the end of the month sometime.

I did this as a temporary fix but if they hold up that long I'll rock them for awhile atleast until I find a set on craigslist after my new tires wear out. Thanks for the positive comment though!

Sent from my iThingy using Tapatalk

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Looks great! Let us know how that paint holds up, I've been thinkin of painting my original wheels since they are also lookin nasty from corrosion. Where did you get that paint and is that what is used on wheels? I thought about powder coating mine white or black or maybe both. My gf just bought some really sweet rims on ebay for like $400 free shipping. Eagle Alloys. They are black with a polished outer lip. Look really great on her SD. I bet it was a pain to mask them off haha. Great job on yer wheels. Wanna do mine?? haha:sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58