Panasonic iPod and Sirius integration

BigDaveZJ

uber noob
Reaction score
So I've had a Panasonic deck for quite a while now that I've used to control my iPod and have loved the setup. I've also had Sirius for a long time now (right after they came out, think its been about 5 years now??) and was still using one of their Plug-N-Play units. With the new deck though I could at least use the AUX-In instead of the craptastic FM modulator. I had the PNP unit "stuck" in one of those Pep Boys cheapo center console cup holder thingies on the floorboard between the seats. The iPod was also in the console thingie.

My birthday was last week, so I had asked the wife for the tuner for my CD Player so I could integrate the Sirius tuner into the head unit. I have to give her credit for getting me the unit, as well as being a big help with the install because wiring is so NOT my strong point, and her uber-small hands make it really easy to get up in those tight spots in the dash. Got to installing it yesterday and found out I still needed one more part since I only had the room on my deck to hook up one integrated accessory. Luckily the Circuit City near us had one ready to go, and for some reason it was actually on closeout, which was HUGE because everywhere else in town wanted over $100 and CC only wanted $35 for it.

So now I had TWO little boxes that I needed to mount (think the size of a 6-disc CD changer magazine) and wire up. I ran the SAT antenna through the 3rd brakelight and over to the C-pillar and under the moulding up to the dash. I was able to fit both the tuner box and the expansion module in the glovebox. I wanted to mount them to the back of the glovebox for an extra-clean install, but there wasn't clearance there so that had to be mounted in the glovebox, but it still worked really well, the wires are barely visible when opening the glovebox. The iPod also now resides there and the cheapo center console thing is now sitting on a shelf in the garage.

Looking at the vehicle there is no evidence of anything more than a CD player except for the SAT antenna on the roof, and it all works very well and I can now control AM/FM, CD, iPod, and Sirius from one unit, and one remote. I don't have any pics yet, but will try to get some up soon.

I also cleaned up the install on my CB a little bit by running the CB coax up into the dash with the SAT antenna cable and then across the dash and it comes out right behind the CB now. It used to just kinda be jammed up under the dash. My CB is right below the little cubby in the dash below the ESOF switch.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Dave were you able to snap some shots of your Sirius,Ipod and CB/antenna installs?-popcorn :sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg