Help Needed papabear

whitefishmt

papabear
Reaction score
95 F350 dulley. brake problem. when you put in gear to go and the truck moves just a few feet it's like some one is aplieing the brakes. Replace front rotors,pads,calipers and hardware. Back brakes are good. killing fuel milage

dbkerley

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
You have probably already checked these things. But, I will run some of them down anyway.

Alignment

Air pressure (especially the inners)

While it is on the jacks, check the wheel bearings for easy movement and check for play.

Parking brake released fully

Clutch/es slipping, torque converter?

If all of that checks good and no heavy drag is noted it could be driveshaft alignment or binding, bearing wear in differential causing deflection, loose or worn shackles causing differential to rotate under load.

If you get a little speed up and shift into neutral does the truck continue to roll forward easily? If so, you might want to begin looking at the engine to see if it is losing power.

Those are a few of the basics that sprung to mind. I hope it will help. If nothing else maybe give you a few more ideas.

whitefishmt

papabear
Reaction score
brakes

ditto - what he said.

is there any abnormal noises while driving?

No noise. Today when I was looking and checking out different things
I would put it in gear to move and if I was lucky maybe one foot and stop.
So I check the rear brakes agin. I did notice that its in the front. check wheel bearings, calipers, hardware, could it have to do with the ABS ??

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no problems with abs for the front your '95 only has rear abs.

front end, likely wheel bearings if you've replaced the calipers & pads already. When you replaced your rotors how did the wheel bearings look? did you repack them? It is possible that in rotor replacement that you over torqued the bearing retaining bolt and have too much preload on the bearings.

Just to make sure your truck is 2wd, not one of the 4wd dually conversions right?

strokin'_tatsch

death row inmate #7
Reaction score
if it was the master cylinder you would have no brakes.

Now, did you jack up the front to see if the front tires spin easily? I'm with BJS, you may have over torqued the bearing retaining bolt.. check them and let us know.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're confident of your front bearing job since you just redid them then we start to get into some rather odd problems

rubber brake lines - if swollen internally can allow for pressure to flow into caliper but there is not enough pressure to allow the brakes to rebound.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14