Parallel Turbos Almost Ready for Testing

neil_04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anything new happened with this setup, are you going to go ahead and try smaller turbos? just wondering
great job on the setup wish i could have that in my 97 with a hood cut to match

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
has anything new happened with this setup, are you going to go ahead and try smaller turbos? just wondering
great job on the setup wish i could have that in my 97 with a hood cut to match

Not much has happened other than trying out different customs burns on my chip from Tony Wildman. We have not had much success yet as we are doing the tuning by phone and Tony really needs to have the truck in person. I have seen some slightly higher boost levels but just not what we need or should be seeing, which I attribute to the exhaust housing being to big.

Just like I had planned from the beginning of this project I am going to go ahead and swap the exhaust housings out for the the smaller .84 housings. I was hoping to do this by the end of this week but my schedule is already not looking to promising for this.

I have just not had any time to mess with it lately and I am not really in to big of a hurry yet. I still have a few months before any tracks around here open back up or any truck pulls start.

I will be sure to post up more updates as soon as I have some.

Thanks.

95psdF250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well I have progressed a ways with this setup. I actually put the .84 housings on and a ran it that way for about a month.

But now I have good and bad news.

The good news is after installing the .84 housings they would spool good and I was seeing 20-25psi out of them. Only thing is they needed some live tuning and I never did get with Tony to get the programming lined out for the setup. I can tell you that from the way they responded with the tuning I had they would have been a bad azz setup once the tuning was lined out and especially with some nitrous. :sly

Now the bad news is that they are gone. I had a guy wanting to buy the truck and since he was willing to give me enough money to make it worth my while I decided to sell it to him. But, he wanted it back to a single turbo truck with Stage 1 injectors, Chip, hood and stacks so I started tearing it a part in my spare time about 3 weeks ago to put it the way he wanted it.

Now the really bad news is this jack azz ended up backing out on me after I already had it all apart and working on installing the turbo. After I got over being ticked about this I done alot of thinking and decided I was not going back to the hassle of the twins as I had already sold the 300cc injectors and pitched all of the machined parts I had made special for the setup.

I have been working on the truck this week and just got it
ready to hit the road again today. It is not anything special but will have the Stealth, fuel system, and some pretty big injectors that may be accompanied by compound turbos in the future since they will be much easier to install.

Sorry to all of you that was excited to see what the parallels would do and how they would work. I was just as excited myself but after all this BS I am just glad to have the truck back to being drivable again.

Oh well, I guess **** happens and there is nothing to do other than move on.

I have really been wanting a SuperDuty crew cab so maybe I will just trade the old truck off now that I got it back together.

Later,
Darrell

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14