Park assist/Reverse Sensors stumper....

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have been having problems with my reverse sensing system in my Excursion. So I thought I figured out the problem. Basically the system was defaultingly turning off when I put the truck into reverse. It worked intermittently and usually it worked better when it rained. Ok so here is how I figured (or thought I figured) out the problem. When I put the truck into reverse I went to the back and checked all the sensors each one made this faint tapping sound and I could actually feel it in my finger tip if I touched them lightly. However, the one on the far passenger side wasn't doing anything, so I figured it was bad.

Oh in the past about 2-3 years ago I backed into a tree :goodjob on the passenger side but I straightened the bumper out and the sensors worked fine since then.

So I replaced the sensor from ford and the damn thing is still not working. I called the dealer and (I knew this already) they told me about the control unit for the reverse sensing system. They couldn't tell me where it was located. I can't find it. What the hell could be the problem? Anyone PLEASE!

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reverse sensing system troubles

I know this is not really related with the drive train, but I am driving when backing up. LOL Anyways, the real reason why I posted in this area of SDD is because there always seems to be more replies and I haven't gotten any from my other threads in the other forums. Please check out this link and let me know what you think............. Hey I rhymed! LOL anyways, I am having problems with my reverse sensing system or park assist it's really weird and I need to find the control module....... Just check out this thread please!!!!

Thanks for your help in advance!

http://www.superdutydiesel.com/foru...ssist-reverse-sensors-stumper.html#post159651

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I moved this to the General SuperDuty Discussion as you mentioned it really has nothing to do with engine and drivetrain. I also removed the cross postings as that just confuses folks as to where to reply to your questions.

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am sure no one has ever had a problem with this and I am currently spinning my wheels. I follow the wires around from the sensors and from the button to turn it on and off and they both go into huge wirelooms and I have no clue where to go from there. THIS SUCKS!

01SMOKINSD

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Sorry I cant really help you but just wanted to let ya know your not the only one out there with this problem. I just decided to live w/o the beeper, got tired of trying to trace the wires. Ill post if I happen to stumble on a fix for the problem. Good luck!

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry I'm no help either just thought it was funny you want it to work and in my father-in-laws truck we wish we could shut the thing off

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Wish'd I caught this earlier!!!! :sorry

The parking aid module is located in the same location as the spare tire jack. It's mounted in a vertical position,push pin on top and one on the bottom,single connector off the side.
Parking Aid Module —Excursion
Removal and Installation

(1)Remove the jack storage panel.

(2)Disconnect the electrical connector.
(3)Remove the push-pins.
(4)Remove the parking aid module (PAM)
(5)To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Chewman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem. Back up sensors might work if it rains.

Anyone have a diagnostic check list for this issue?

What do the sensors cost?

If it is the Park Assist Mod what's that bad boy cost?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58