parting out a truck question

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering parting out my 99 f250 2wd SD diesel cause I'm really not getting much response trying to sell it. It all hinges on how much i could get for the zf 6 speed. I could sell it as a swap kit and include everything needed to pull out an auto. there's nothing wrong with it, no leaks, new clutch. How much should I ask for it?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I just looked at eBay and I am seeing $1695 to over $2999 for a 7.3 ZF 6 for a Ford truck (99 on up).

Dave :)

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are willing to make a full swap "kit" for someone then 1500 would be a steal 2500 would be a decent price thought many talk of the desire to swap transmissions but are quickly scared when they start evaluating how much work is really involved.

copracr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks BJS, I'm gonna set my price at 2500 and see what happens.

As far as difficulty, it looks simple to me cause it's all bolt in parts. Swap the trans, reprogram the PCM, run some lines and hook up the pedal.

But, I'm also the guy who took a 5.4l and 4r70w out of an 02 f150 and put it in a 99 v6 mustang and ran it all with an 01 gt harness. I wouldn't say that was difficult but it did take a long time.

FINKSTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Copracr... Any chance you might have other parts available? I'm looking for the "PowerStroke" cover that mounts above the fuel filter on mu "99. Also looking for a replacement driver's bucket seat armrest. Truck is an XLT with the gray cloth interior.
THANKS!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14