PAYPAL scam/fraud Warning!!

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
Got an e-mail from Paypal ( supposedly) this morning. It was a payment notification that I hadn't done. Oh no. I thought someone accessed my Paypal account. It said to go here to Dispute Claim http://www.soft8.org/. /paypal.com/claimfill/cmd-run=/ Only the button said DISPUTE CLAIM... had to log in and everything.. well long story short..It is a False e-mail False website set up just like PAYPAL only to steal passwords and credit card info. Have spend most of the morning changeing passwords and cancelling credit cards and checking accounts. They didn't get me for anything just cost me alot of hassell-mad -mad

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for getting the word out about that. I have it set up guess need to watch for this email. Copied it to new email to get the word out. People always steal stuff. No need

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
never login to a paypal account through an email message!!!!!always type the paypal address into to your browser or access it through ebay.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
never login to a paypal account through an email message!!!!!always type the paypal address into to your browser or access it through ebay.
Very sage advice, same goes for ebay, I've had countless scam mails from "ebay" or someone pretending to be ebay with a link to log in and secure my account.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
the big tip-off is that the url they try to get you to visit is not a paypal or ebay address. Hover your mouse over any suspicious link and if the address does not match the "sender", dont click it. When you hover over the link, the destination is shown on your status bar at the very bottom of your browser.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
94f450sd said:

i never use paypal at all. what happened to just sending a cashier's check in the mail? i know its slower, but just as effective.:thumbs

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
PayPal is such a joke. I admit I use them, but to this day they don't have access to my bank accounts. They keep nagging me to "get verified", and I keep telling them to shove their verification where the sun don't shine.

I've heard and read too many horror stories where paypal arbitrarily freezed up accounts, debited large sums of monies from people's BANK accounts for no reason, then invoking some narly stall tactics to keep that money.

They call themselves a "bank", yet they do not follow any Federal Banking laws, and they sure as hell aren't FDIC insured.

You can read up on paypal and their tactics at

www.paypalwarning.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58