PCM LOCATION

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
2002 f-350 diesel. The pcm code sticker that normally is on the inside of the door jamb is missing. Where else is this information located. I need to order my tuner from dp-tuner and need this info.

COMPOSER

COMPOSER
Reaction score
Looked there also, no sticker. Do I have to pull the pcm if there is no other location for this number?

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
COMPOSER said:
Looked there also, no sticker. Do I have to pull the pcm if there is no other location for this number?

The door jamb and on the side of the PCM case are the only two places I'm aware of.

If you can't see the code on the case when installed, you might have to pull out the PCM, remove it from the plastic bracket and see if there is a readable label then.:sorry :dunno

Last edited:

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
COMPOSER said:
If I have to pull it, which is the best way to pull it. From the engine side or the inside?

1 Release the mounting tabs on the power center/ fuse box just ahead of firewall. Lift up power/ fuse box and move slightly towards the turbo. (You are making a hole to stick your arm into.)

2 Locate the single, long rectangular connector with a bolt in the center. Using a 10mm socket, remove the bolt and connector from the firewall. (You will have to alternately work loose the bolt and connector.)

3 From the inside of truck, remove two mounting screws (6mm socket ??) from the rear end of the PCM mounting bracket/box.

4 Remove PCM & mounting box to the right and rear while removing the end of the PCM from the rubber grommet in the firewall.

Re-installation is the reverse.

Overall, it's easy to do once you've done it once or twice. I've got swapping PCM's down to about an 8 minute job.

BTW: MAKE SURE YOUR KEY IS NOT IN THE IGNITION!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg