PCM Recall

Wiley 1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what you Ford 250 owners are doing about the PCM recall. I dint have a shop so i do not prefer to put the pipes and sensors back on, I have a HS tuner.

Reverend Jim

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Had it done last week. Nothing you will notice. I was told it was to make the gauges and sensors more sensitive and accurate. :lmao They should rename this truck "Super Doody".

Wiley 1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My notice just had the year 08 and i do no0t remember seeing any plant of serial number listed. I no longer have the notice sorry.

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
I don't know how this recall will work if the truck is already tuned with a 3rd party tuner. I realize the tune will be overwritten, but I'm wondering if the new more sensitive "settings" will stay once a 3rd party tune is re-loaded.

HD09F350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had my 09 F350 done last week and they smoked the TCM. He said they had done 50 or so and mine was the first problem they had. Got it back and it seems fine.

Last edited:

Bigboytoys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got my truck done, mid to late job 1 build. So I finally got around to doing a run on it last night.

First off I noticed that the boost level was down running empty. 100 K it was around 5 - 7 psi until you leaned into the loud pedal then it is the same as before. Power was the same as much as I could tell without a trailer behind.

The fuel millage seemed to be up but not by much but I also very rarely run this truck without a trailer behind it.

The one thing I did notice that kinda irritated me is when the DPF blew off. The display didn't flash that it was cleaning the exhaust, or did I just miss it?? The second part is that it much less noticeable when it does light off not like pre re-flash that sounded like it ate a GP when it lit.

What have you noticed?

Fine69

Reaction score
This reflash is for all 6.4's regardless of year or build date. I'm holding off on having mine done, I have heard A LOT of bad stories about this flash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58