Performance Switches and Knobs on dash?

Guinness

superdudiest
Reaction score
The 7.3 Dually I bought a couple months back runs great, but is in some serious need of some wiring TLC... (wires and plumbing everywhere)

It has what looks like several home made performance mods on the dash board. Just below the shifter on the dash I have 2 knobs and a switch. One controls the boost from what I assume is "stock" and when I turn the knob up I get between 20-25psi of boost at WFO. There is another knob "red" next to it, that I was told does the injection timing. I have yet to get this to seem to make any difference at all.. the salesman said "if its blowing too much black smoke - turn down the red knob".. Well I dont think its doing **** anyway, dont get much smoke other than what I consider normal. Also in between these 2 knobs is a single throw switch - no one knew what that one did and I have screwed around with it to try and figure it out. I figure it has do to with the other 2 knobs since they are mounted in the same location.

I was thinking it was an adjustable IDM mod, but it doesnt seem to be working. Any else have any ideas, its really cold outside to be crawling up under the dash.

Mike

Red Monkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were my truck I would get the name of the previous owner from the dealer and talk to him. He should know what the switches do. If that doesn't work out I would wait until it warms up and crawl under the dash to check things out. You could then take a label maker and label the switches for those 'senior moments' when the brain fails to go in gear and you feel a ned to flip switches.

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
Yeah I think the best thing to do is to contact the last owner. He will be the only one to really tell you what the switches are for.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
Sounds just like my old truck, i got most of them figuerd out, but there is still one that i never did figure out what it did:whah

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14