Personal Dilemma, What would you have done?

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last Saturday I went to my 25th year High School reunion. The only real reason I went was to see if this one particular Woman would be there, if she was, would she bring her husband or if she would be alone or if she was married at all. Mainly because the last Reunion this woman seamed to pay a lot of attention to me for some strange reason! Her wearing a ring an all makes that strange to me at least.

Back to last Saturday, She was there, She was alone, and She was still wearing a ring. I was talking to some of my old buddies and she came over asked how I was doing, she was basically asking me because when they began to speak she would cut them off and ask me another question. That went on for a couple of questions until my buddies just quit trying to answer. After I guess she was satisfied. She walked away and my buddies were talking trash about me and her before she got 10 feet. I told them, in High School the only thing she ever said to me was F-U or Get lost!

The Reunion went on we sat at separate tables, she won least changed person, She was a Cheerleader in High School, and collage. She won the Miss (USC, TEXAS, AUBRUN, Fill in the space with that type of Collage because I can’t tell which collage) for a year at The Collage she went to. Needless to say, She is still a very attractive woman.
After the Slide show they had a dance. She didn’t dance with anyone neither did I. At about 10:30 she came over and said it was really nice to see you again, I’m really glad you came tonight. I reciprocated, then she said it was getting late and it was a long way back to (fill in the blank town about 30 miles from where we were) I was set back a little because in my opinion the way she asked it, she was asking for my company, She didn’t talk to 2 other men that night that I could tell,( I was busy going back and forth trying to catch a little of the Georgia Game.) And She was still wearing that ring, so all I could say was maybe we will see each other sooner then 5 years from now.

Here is the Dilemma, I don’t know if this woman is married. (She does have a married last name and a ring to go with it.) If she is she clearly didn’t know what she was saying or she doesn’t really care about her marriage, where was the Husband?

If she wasn’t wearing that ring I had already planned on what I was going to tell her. BUT

I don’t really care for jealous husbands pointing Firearms in my direction.

What would you have done?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i would have been friendly and left it at that. first of all, it sounds like you are not married and that you wanted to something to happen between the two of you. if shes married, turn and run in the opposite direction.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm goin' with Bama on this one... if something was gonna happen, it would have.

Send everyone that was there a Christmas Card, and see them again in five years.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
Quick way to find out, simply ask "Where's you husband?" or "So what does your husband do?" I would leave her alone. But that is just my.02.
Craig

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't ask about the Husband, didn't think about it. To be honest with she scares the heck out of me! I did leave it alone though. She got enough Intell out of me if she wants to contact me she can!

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To quote an old Elvis song: "You're the Devil in disguise, oh yes you are!!"
Sounds like she's trouble. I'm like the others, stay away from her.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
I found myself in a similar situation, my high school girlfriend was looking forward to seeing me at the reunion. Due to an emergency in the family I could not attend at the last minute, although my sister was there and the two of them talked for a while. My sister said she was VERY disappointed that I did not come. She was also there sans husband. We have been corresponding via e-mail for over a year (I told my wife about it when she first sent me a message) she is married to an investment banker and has older children, and is VERY unhappy in her present situation. Living in a gated community in a 5000 square foot house, as she does, would make me at least comfortable while I was unhappy. Her spouse makes more in an hour than I do in a month!

My wife couldn't understand at first why I did NOT want to go to the reunion alone. Having just gotten over a bad patch in our marriage, I certainly didn't want to succumb to any temptation. But the girlfriend keeps calling my cell phone! Should I call her back? What makes the cheese more binding is that my wife is away for a month at my daughter's and son-in-law's house in North Dakota, daughter is due to give birth any day.

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Richard, maybe you need to change your e-mail address and cell phone number. Sounds like trouble waiting to happen, you don't need her disrupting your family life. As far as your wife being away awaiting the grandbaby's birth, is this your first grandchild?

I knew a couple once where the wife went from Louisiana to Memphis to be with their daughter for the birth of their first grandchild. They thought that the baby was ready to be born, but it took six weeks. The guy was my boss and he was pretty ticked over the whole thing (as was his wife). They said the next time the daughter had a baby, they wouldn't visit until the baby arrived. Just my 2 cents and a "little food for thought".

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14