PIAA

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:cool: probably been posted in the forums before so forgive my oldtimerz.....anyone else had any experience with PIAA headlight replacement bulbs? I'm on the third set in my 04...the first 2 sets burnt out on the high-beam side and the dealer warranted them. Last night I lost the low-beam...they have only been in the truck for 2 weeks. Am gettin tired of the hassle of replacing them. Too expensive ($125Cdn) considering they don't offer much improvement over the SilverStars....and the SilverStars seemed to last a normal interval. What say you peeps?

Deviant Diesel

Sooting 1 jerk @ a time!
Reaction score
The '07 still has stock bulbs, but my '03 had Silverstars in it for just over 2 years before I give it to the dealer for trade-in. I loved them, thought they were worth the money.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I've read the same thing over the years is the PIAA's go south more often than the Silverstars not sure if it's a lack of enough voltage or too much of it.

The Silverstars run about $30 a set and to replace em once a year probably isn't too bad on the labor and actual parts cost.

atk

Reaction score
:cool: probably been posted in the forums before so forgive my oldtimerz.....anyone else had any experience with PIAA headlight replacement bulbs? I'm on the third set in my 04...the first 2 sets burnt out on the high-beam side and the dealer warranted them. Last night I lost the low-beam...they have only been in the truck for 2 weeks. Am gettin tired of the hassle of replacing them. Too expensive ($125Cdn) considering they don't offer much improvement over the SilverStars....and the SilverStars seemed to last a normal interval. What say you peeps?

i have been running the silverstars for the past 6 years....in my previous trucks they would last about 2 years...for the price, they are a good investment....just my :2c ...

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The PIAA"s were on my 03 and traded it in on the 05 with them still going strong.... so about 2 years without a problem IIRC

Maybe it's sorta lke our trucks, the luck of the draw :) :) :)

Nasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hellas

add some auxiliary driving lights for REAL light...

Agreed BP......I run Hella FF50s with an amber lens....super broad coverage, ie: light up both ditches as well as front soas to see the Queen's donkeys when they are lurking in the ditch and great in fog n snow. Very focused lighting...no complaints from 99.9% of oncoming traffic.
I liked what peepz were saying about some HID driving lamps in another forum here....I need to install a Bull-bar or something to add more lights. Am considering doing that soon .. wife has me doing remodeling in the house..don't want me to spend all my wealth on the trucks too quick :boohoo

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nasty...just MOUNT 'em in to the factory bumper ;) bummer they
didnt have some of these "baja" style loops when i bought my truck
(and remounted) my lights from my old F150.

I do the same thought though...my IPF960s have 100w bulbs (blue/white)
and theyre pointed a bit high and wide (the right like it kinda wide to the right)
so i can see those little bastard bambi's BEFORE they jump out and try to dent my fenders

Agreed BP......I run Hella FF50s with an amber lens....super broad coverage, ie: light up both ditches as well as front soas to see the Queen's donkeys when they are lurking in the ditch and great in fog n snow. Very focused lighting...no complaints from 99.9% of oncoming traffic.
I liked what peepz were saying about some HID driving lamps in another forum here....I need to install a Bull-bar or something to add more lights. Am considering doing that soon .. wife has me doing remodeling in the house..don't want me to spend all my wealth on the trucks too quick :boohoo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58