Picked up my F350 on Monday (first post)

Hans

I'm in Flavor Country
Reaction score
When I got it, it had 3 miles on the odometer.

2006 F350 Lariat Supercab (Dark Gray) with the 6.0L Power Stroke
5 spd auto, 4x4, 3.73 limited slip
Off Road, Towing, and snowplow prep packages

I've been having a lot of fun driving this around. I am new to all of it. This is my first large truck, first diesel, and first engine with FI. I tow a lot, so I am looking forward to doing so with this. I've modded every car/truck I have ever owned, and this one will be no exception. In fact, I already ordered an intake. I want to keep the modding minor, but am looking for a boost in mpg while towing.

Cheers,

Hans

Reaction score
Hans said:
I've modded every car/truck I have ever owned, and this one will be no exception. In fact, I already ordered an intake.

Welcome to SDD Hans :sweet

If there is one thing we are good at is helping you lighten wallet :thumbs

Of course I would have told you not to buy the intake :p - there is so much more to spend the ole cash on :D

Good luck with her -

Ron

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Welcome Hans, the truck sounds beautiful. Congrats on the new ride and thanks for dropping into SDD, come back often.

Hans

I'm in Flavor Country
Reaction score
powerboatr said:
great
got pictures?????:roflmao :roflmao

glad you found us, vist often

what do you TOW?

I dont have any pics yet. I'll snap a couple with the cell phone this afternoon, but left my real camera at my mother's house. I'll get it this weekend, and get some good pics.

Otherwise, I am towing a bumper tag 24 foot enclosed weighing about 7k pounds. My old 4Runner had no trouble with the weight, but was a total gas guzzler (8mpg @ 75 mph). This large truck also gives me the option of getting a longer, heavier setup in the future. I travel frequently, and racked up 35k miles last year alone. I expect to do more in 2006.

The intake was just a start, I am already preparing myself for a lighter wallet.

Otherwise, thanks everyone for the warm welcome.....

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome Hans, don't be a stranger here. Come on back any time. We try our best to have a good time and learn from each other. Sometimes it's real hard to get the grin off your face when driving a new SuperDuty PowerStroke.

Hans

I'm in Flavor Country
Reaction score
WD40 said:
Sometimes it's real hard to get the grin off your face when driving a new SuperDuty PowerStroke.

Aint that the truth...

Anyway, I tried to get some pics with my phone, but my garage is too dark for a good pic. I'll get some up in the coming days.....

*EDIT*

Here's is one horrible cell phone pic......

truck.jpg

Last edited:

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, you can't come back until you get better pictures. :cop

Just kidding! :roflmao

Enjoy the ride, prepare to part with more money! We all have a disease and it is transmittable through the keyboard. :roflmao

Barrett

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58