Pics of Polar Bears chasing a dude around their trucks...

Russ

Found On Russ' Drive
Reaction score
learned to cover the nose with a paw or get snow on it so they could sneak up on pengiuns

I've never heard of a polar bear eating a penguin. They live on opposite ends of the planet

Bolt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard that with the nose in the snow, but it's seals, not penguins. Good catch, Russ.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
My bad, seals. Still creepy that they are learning the art of camo.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
a place called Kaktovik, Alaska, one of the most northeastern parts of Alaska on Barter Island, I've actually been there once, that was enough.
When you go to some places you say "it's a nice place to visit but I would not want to live there". When you visit Kaktovik you decide that some places are not even nice to visit.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
When you go to some places you say "it's a nice place to visit but I would not want to live there". When you visit Kaktovik you decide that some places are not even nice to visit.

Its that bad, Crumm / Alaskansuperduty? I admire you guys who live up there. What makes this place so awful, for those of us down below?

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score

i used to say "some folks have been to the <arm> pit of the world"...
ive been to the HAIR !

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
What makes this place so awful, for those of us down below?

Take a look The City of Kaktovik Alaska

Our winters can last as long as nine months, with temperatures reaching as low as 50 degrees below zero Fahrenheit. In the summer it is not uncommon for temperatures to remain below 45 degrees F.

In early 2005, Kaktovik suffered a winter storm that wiped out nearly all power and heat to the village. Winds ran at rates of 70 miles per hour, while air temperature was as low as 40 below zero and snow drifts rose as high 30 feet.

It even looks real nice:
39.jpg

Typical house:
45.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58