pics please

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
I think Im going to get my dad a tymar intake for his 95 7.3L.... does anyone have some pictures of this installed?

and any thoughts or opinions on whether or not I should do this for his truck. and what if anything do you think I could do that is relatively inexpensive but makes a difference. I know about my 6.0 but when it comes to the OBS 7.3L im pretty clueless.

thanks

Patrick Feeley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Tymar is a good choice for the OBS trucks. Much better filtration (best benefit), more airflow, and more turbo whine. I made my own setup (same filter as a Tymar) on my 94 (pic in sig), but I will just buy the Tymar when I get around to getting one for my 97. Here's a pic from Dale Isley's (Tymar) Webshots: "94-97 Tymar Installed"

Cheers!

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
thanks...

yeah im just getting the 6637 filter so i guess it's not exactly a tymar.... but i have plenty of 4 pipe laying around... that is all i need right?? just the pipe and some good clamps?

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep pipe and good clamps, preferably constant torque band clamps as even the better worm gear clamps do not have the force to clamp down on the thick flange of the 6637 filter

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
this is my DIY TYMAR. i used a big truck muffler bracket to hold the filter from bouncing around. i think most people just set it on the inner fender and let it ride.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
what makes it "tymar" ?? is that just the added pipe and clamps for a cleaner look.... and if I need anything other than a 4'' piece of pipe, then where can i find it?

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
the blue hose in my setup is a 4" boost hose commonly found on the freightliners and other big trucks. a truck shop should have them in stock for you. just a cautionary note, these boost hoses werent designed for vacuum, so if the filter gets bad enough it will collapse the hose. i have not had that problem yet, but its possible.

other than that, you just need clamps and a 4" 45* elbow.

tymar is the brand that makes the open element paper filter kit, and sells it for a lot of money.

strokepower

Stroke=Power
Reaction score
ahhh i see.. alright.. i think i shouldn't have any problem... thanks

im wanting to purchase one of those filter covers found on pete's something website... but i emailed them and haven't recieved a reply yet... does anyone know of other options.. i was going to get one to go with the filter for my dad that says 7.3 or something like that on it

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
Actually, it is referred to as a Tymar because Dale Tymar was one of the first to sell them. His name just got associated with it as the generic reference. His are reasonably priced but I don't remember exactly how much. Maybe around $125 but it's been too long since I bought mine to remember.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58