pics

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ive been gone for awhile guys, took a family trip to points west and visited some family, met some new friends along the way as well.

Heres a few pics.

Ominous thunder heads nicely lit by the setting sun from our campsite in Big Timber Montana.

657d4d25.jpg

I was playing with exposure time on a water fall in Northern Idaho. Snow Falls I believe was the name of it. These are both handheld so cut me some slack. I didnt want to pack a tripod down the canyon. :D

cc9a1d52.jpg

7594f398.jpg

Below are various pics of us goofing off while on vacay......

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
nice shots. Lake doesnt look too busy. That must be nice! Here they are packed and dangerous.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
no tripod, shaky on the waterfall, still looks very cool,
did you go stand under it to get a fresh outlook on life,:D :D

is that a hangmans noose above your head?

its been so hot here, when you take a picture its just bright red with small flames:eek:

lifes better in a RV :D

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Pete,

Yeah, the lake was pretty empty as far as boat traffic was concerned, there was a walleye tourney wrapping up that day but other than that it was quiet and calm. The locals said that the water was high and there was alot of floatsom in the reservoir so many of the folks choose not to boat until later in the season..

A little aside to the pic of the thunderheads. That pic was taken looking SSE out of our campground in Big Timber, we got up the next morning and packed up and hit the road and headed for Casper, which lies SSE from there.:eek: We rolled into Billings and fueled up and at that point you have to veer south to stay on I-90 or else you end up in N.D. So down I-90 we go towards Sheridan Wyo. Now.......... this was a 2200+ mile vacation round trip, and we drove/played/visited for 2100 miles upto this point in perfect weather. Not a cloud in the sky, never even a drop of rain. As we were heading south I kept seeing wet patches of pavement, commented to the wifey... "hmmm, do you think we'll make this whole trip without getting wet?" -popcorn

No such luck, just as we passed through Buffalo Wyo we hit a pretty good squall.:cussing: And about 4 big rain drops hit the windshield and then it turned to hail. We were pelted pretty badly for about 10 miles then it cleared up and about 2 miles later it was hailing again. The stones were bigger than marbles but smaller than golf balls. It didnt dent the pickup but the aluminum siding on the RV didnt fair so well. The front of the camper is beat pretty bad and it knocked out one of the roof vents also. I havent gone up on the roof yet to inspect for further damage. I was soooooooooooo:censored:.

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Great shots Mike, looks like you folks had a good time. As for a tripod, get ya one of them carbon fiber jobs that doesn't weigh much.

I'll bet the youngster on the tube had a great landing :eek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58