picture of clean and dirty egr valve

bob68vw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seen on here somewhere someone posed before and after pics of there egr valve. I want to show a friend of mnine the pics. I did a search, but can't find them. Any help is appreciated. Bob

HOTVET67

06 F350 LOADED
Reaction score
Egr valve 33 k miles

Here's my egr valve at 33 K miles , intake had some soot chunks that had to be cleaned too.

EGRVLV-F350-11-22-09.jpg
[/IMG]

mrziggy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Once the valve is pulled and cleaned, is there any tests or specific inspections that need to be done?

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
no test or inspections needed....just be sure not to have gotten any gunk into the little holes that need to be kept clean....and install new gaskets and shove that sucker back in....to plug in or not to plug in is YOUR deal....

good luck

therealjakeg

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yep thats exactly what mine looked like. Dunked her in some cleaner and she was all free. poped it back in and away we went. only had 15k on her. Think the last guy let her idle all the time. If I do I jack the idle switch up.

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to clean mine the other day and it was a mess. One thing did you clean the ports on both sides of there the EGR goes? It's the first lip there, just before the first o-ring. The tubes go back on both sides. I cleaned there with 12" brass pipe cleaners. You would not believe the crap thats in there. The crap I got looked like tar, hell you get it on your hands and it does not come off so wear gloves and a crapy shirt. :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58