Pictures of 2 inch receiver on 5th wheel

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Click on the below url.

The tongue is adjustable, with pin holes, to slide in closer to the bumper, if I wanted to remove the spare tire and move the platform in closer to the coach. Our aluminum tool chest bolts to the platform. The two inch receiver on the back of the platform, is for the bike rack. It is solid and I am sure we will be happy with it. :D

Picasa Web Albums - Maxtor - 5th wheel rec...

Last edited:

85buggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice Job !

Nice job with the hitch. I want to share a horror story about something that happened to us similar situation. We put one of those bike racks on the back of out 30 ft Holiday Rambler trailer on the way to Flordia put all the bikes on (4) left OH somewhere going up a BIG HILL in WV had a few drivers honk and point. Reluctantly pulled over and saw the weight and rough road had broken the bumper mount off one side of the trailer and the bikes were dragging on the road. So much for my sons bike, had to put the bikes in the camper & the spare tire and on bolt the Spare tire holder and tied the bumper on the best we could . At the time I didn't have my SD only a Chevy 1/2 ton and we were going about 10 mph the rest of the way up the hill didn't think we'd make it.... So your IDEA IS A GOOD ONE enjoy yourselves

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Click on the below url.

The tongue is adjustable, with pin holes, to slide in closer to the bumper, if I wanted to remove the spare tire and move the platform in closer to the coach. Our aluminum tool chest bolts to the platform. The two inch receiver on the back of the platform, is for the bike rack. It is solid and I am sure we will be happy with it. :D

Picasa Web Albums - Maxtor - 5th wheel rec...

Nice. With the 2 Hondas back there, have you considered having your welder build a cage on one side of the platform? It wouldn't make them theft "proof" but but would slow em down more than a chain/cable would. Providing the welder set up the locking for the right lock.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. With the 2 Hondas back there, have you considered having your welder build a cage on one side of the platform? It wouldn't make them theft "proof" but but would slow em down more than a chain/cable would. Providing the welder set up the locking for the right lock.

Yes, I have been talking to the welder about that exact thing. He was suggesting a metal, lockable, removable lid that would keep them out of sight and out of the weather and yet be able to remove the lid when using the generators.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
Yes, I have been talking to the welder about that exact thing. He was suggesting a metal, lockable, removable lid that would keep them out of sight and out of the weather and yet be able to remove the lid when using the generators.

Could you just leave them in the box and run them from there with the setup your considering? With the right box, vented for intake air & exhaust, they could stay in there running all night when your camp location doesn't have hookups.

Maxtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you just leave them in the box and run them from there with the setup your considering? With the right box, vented for intake air & exhaust, they could stay in there running all night when your camp location doesn't have hookups.

Yes that is possible. I'm going to take my time and think this out, so I only have to do it one time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14