Pipe Benders

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well Im still workin on my custom headache rack/safari rack/roll bar. I have my headache rack made. Looks like a ranch hand but taller. Gonna put a safari roof rack over the cab. Half way over the cab. Then gonna have steel bed rail plates for strength for my roll bar arms from the headache rack to the bed rail plates. I think I am goin to go with round BUT dont have a bender. I know you get what you pay for but want a cheaper bender. Dont want to spend lots on a bender. Thats why i keep thinkin square cause its easier to work with but doesnt look as good. What yall think?

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im always a fan of curved, I bent tubing for a cargo rack on my 150 with a lower end bender... It was a PAIN!! Welding tubing is hard because you have to grind the ends to fit other tubes horizontally. plus with a cheaper bender you get indents in the steel. Square would be easier, but less fancy. maybe less is more?

You should weld me up some rock slider style steps for my bed... I cant reach the middle of that damn tool box. Im 6'3" and thats still too short! ha ha

Nah, I got the steel to weld my steps, I just wish the 30 degree weather would pass.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Yea im just worried about the looks. I have seen some really cool squared racks but they are still bent instead of just butted together. I would still need a square tube bender though. I know you can buy pre-bent pieces and weld. Yea I havnt been workin on my stuff either since its cold out. Im ready to sweat my butt off!

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea im just worried about the looks. I have seen some really cool squared racks but they are still bent instead of just butted together. I would still need a square tube bender though. I know you can buy pre-bent pieces and weld. Yea I havnt been workin on my stuff either since its cold out. Im ready to sweat my butt off!

Ha ha, agreed, I work outside so id rather have the 65 and overcast, but ill take anything over the ground being frozen.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Ha ha, agreed, I work outside so id rather have the 65 and overcast, but ill take anything over the ground being frozen.

Yea the older you get the more you hate the cold. Im not that old and I already hate the cold. I can deal with it but we had ALOT of snow this yr and alot of really cold days. I used to ride my ninja when it was around freezing but now if its in the 50's I wont touch it. Big wuss now haha. Plus Im spoiled drivin my psd since its nice and comfy, the heater works great and rides really smooth compared to my 77 f250.

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to ride my sv650s when it was freezing... I stopped doing that ha ha. I sold it last year to get a crew cab truck to fit a carseat.

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Yeah, I used to ride my sv650s when it was freezing... I stopped doing that ha ha. I sold it last year to get a crew cab truck to fit a carseat.

I layd my ninja over gettin onto the road off of my driveway. There was frost on the road and rear end came out from under me. Maybe doin a few mph. I got back up and put her back in the garage. After that I was done ridin my bike when its below freezin. Well 50 or below for that matter. I still have it just ride it on nice days and pretty much all summer. Im gettin older and bein hunched over the tank all the time hurts my wrists. Im wanting to get a KLR650. My gf lives on about 6miles of gravel and dont want to take the ninja on it. Plus I want to do some long trail rides into colorado and utah one of these days. I will turn my ninja into a custom weekend cruiser since its paid for. :sweet

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I layd my ninja over gettin onto the road off of my driveway. There was frost on the road and rear end came out from under me. Maybe doin a few mph. I got back up and put her back in the garage. After that I was done ridin my bike when its below freezin. Well 50 or below for that matter. I still have it just ride it on nice days and pretty much all summer. Im gettin older and bein hunched over the tank all the time hurts my wrists. Im wanting to get a KLR650. My gf lives on about 6miles of gravel and dont want to take the ninja on it. Plus I want to do some long trail rides into colorado and utah one of these days. I will turn my ninja into a custom weekend cruiser since its paid for. :sweet

Im always on the lookout for an older dual sport. I love the way the 70s dual sports look, But with a 4 month old I wouldnt have the time to ride it ha ha. My wife says I can get a harley for my mid life crisis ha ha too bad im still 20 years away from that. Ill stick to pouring money into my PSD for now, at least it makes me money. That and toys for my little girl, Right now Im welding her an offroad wagon ha ha. imitation rear leaf springs, herculined frame, and a purple stained railing.

Last edited:

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Im always on the lookout for an older dual sport. I love the way the 70s dual sports look, But with a 4 month old I wouldnt have the time to ride it ha ha. My wife says I can get a harley for my mid life crisis ha ha too bad im still 20 years away from that. Ill stick to pouring money into my PSD for now, at least it makes me money. That and toys for my little girl, Right now Im welding her an offroad wagon ha ha. imitation rear leaf springs, herculined frame, and a purple stained railing.

Need to post sum pics of the wagon haha. Should get her a lil power wheels when shes old enough. Yall have atvs?

Bdons SD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to post sum pics of the wagon haha. Should get her a lil power wheels when shes old enough. Yall have atvs?

No, we talked about getting some though. Maybe when my little girl is a little older. But as of now we are focused on feeding, changing, entertaining, and cleaning up after her ha ha. Ill probably find some older ones on CL cheap and fix em up nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14