Play in front end of 08 250 4wd

gregmc720

GrEgGy BoY
Reaction score
Hello to all. Well I need help. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Ok, I install a 2.5 front coil spacer after the install i didnt notice much difference (steering), I took the truck to a local 4wd shop and they insisted I needed track bar drop brackets, well after those were installed i noticed play in the steering wheel. Took to two different 4wd shops and they both said the tie rods are bad, but ford says they are 100% good. So to make a long story short I installed a dual steering stablizer and a set of 35x12.50r20 Procomp Xtreme All Terrain, and there is still some play. Any recommendations on how to eliminate the play?:dunno

Fine69

Reaction score
Will do this weekend thanks. Another question is was there a difference going from stock shocks to the bilstein 5100's?[/QUOTE]

Like Dave said, the ride is firm, but not too firm. I highly recommend the Bilsteins. I actually have a set ordered for my new truck too.

tutcable

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Pitman arm

There is a huge nut on the bottom of your steering box, if you put a drop pitman arm on, I would bet it has loosened up.

tutcable

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I doubt it, on mine the nut just loosend up and when you turn the splines don't catch until you get quite a bit of the wheel turned. If that is the case you want to get it tightened up, could be real bad if you lost steering going down the highway. It will keep getting worse until you tighten it (if thats the problem).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14