Playing with an Idea

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a 55 ford truck has no motor or trans. But the body is somewhat stright. Thinking a 6.0 motor and trans. would be a nice shoe in for a ride. What you guys think...

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I agree with dp, that the Cummins would be easier to install, due to the size of that engine.

Dave

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Deffinately the 7.3 or the Cummins....two much simpler engines than the 6.0, and less problem proned. When all else fells, stick with the KISS method.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
I'd look for a wrecked 6.7 later this year, that way you can keep it all :oval

6.0PSD777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with a 6.0 and the 5R110 - That thing would haul ass :sweet

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'd have to tell you since neither the 7.3 IDI or 4BT are "Ford" engines, a mildly warmed-up 429 and a C6 would be the ticket..

well...
I think either of the aforementioned engines would be good choices...

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a 56 ford truck with a 429 boss motor about 6 years ago. Did the build in 6 months and sold the truck a week later. Fastest 60k I ever made. Was thinking of the 6.0 because it's lighter then the 7.3. The Cummings would work, I'm even looking at a cat motor too.

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
Where is everyones spirit of adventure! If you have the time and the loot to shove a 6.0 in there go for it! I love unconventional repowers:sly The secret is getting a complete donor vehicle for all the harnesses, computers, lines, etc.... that your gonna need. That stuff will get expensive quick if you gotta get it from the dealer. I dont think painless wiring makes a kit for that yet:D
There are quite a few duramaxes and cummins in things that should never have had them. not too many transplant 6.0's yet
Ken

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
Where is everyones spirit of adventure! If you have the time and the loot to shove a 6.0 in there go for it! I love unconventional repowers:sly The secret is getting a complete donor vehicle for all the harnesses, computers, lines, etc.... that your gonna need. That stuff will get expensive quick if you gotta get it from the dealer. I dont think painless wiring makes a kit for that yet:D
There are quite a few duramaxes and cummins in things that should never have had them. not too many transplant 6.0's yet
Ken

Ken..
remember Rubberfish from OilBurners?
we need to get him to weigh in on this..
"unconventional thinking through recreational pharmaceuticals"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg