Please Advise!!

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
1. Eventually I would like to put a little lift on my 05 PSD F250. I was considering going with the 2.5" leveling puck for the front and putting the 4" F-350 block in the rear (currently 2"). I do not want to be level for towing reasons. The way I figure it the rake front to back should stay pretty much the same. (hopefully)

2. A friend of mine said if I was not doing any serious off-roading changing the shocks was not nessessary. Front or Rear???

3. Would like to stay on the stock tire till these wear-out, how stupid will this look? 265s on 17s, I believe.

Thanks

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Boadie said:
1. Eventually I would like to put a little lift on my 05 PSD F250. I was considering going with the 2.5" leveling puck for the front and putting the 4" F-350 block in the rear (currently 2"). I do not want to be level for towing reasons. The way I figure it the rake front to back should stay pretty much the same. (hopefully)

2. A friend of mine said if I was not doing any serious off-roading changing the shocks was not nessessary. Front or Rear???

3. Would like to stay on the stock tire till these wear-out, how stupid will this look? 265s on 17s, I believe.

Thanks
Uhh, Did this just type in a different language or was it a stupid question??

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan to me. If you lift the front 2.5 and the back 2 then you are going to lose .5 of your rake but you probably figured that. 2" higher on stock tires/wheels will look fine. 4" with stock tires looks a little silly.

Boadie

Guzzler of the Coors
Reaction score
Thanks Crumm,
I have been discussing this over with my father in-law about possibly topping out on the shocks. All the advertisments do recomend switching them out. I don't know what my buddy considers serious off-roading till he gets back to me but we got to lookin at the front end and we noticed that there is about a 1 1/2" of adjustment at the top of the shocks. We figured maybe we could just FAB up an aluminum sleeve to provide some strength on the bottom of those threds and adjust the shock longer.
Anyone with any thoughts..

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
The stock shocks are a joke (although I still have mine a 75K) so I would go ahead and change them. We put Bilstien's on my brother's 04 Excursion and he said they were worth every penny. His is stock too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg