Please help with High Idle problem...

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
w/out hearing it or being there....more than one person here thinks youre
hearing the regen.

JRJ04

Reaction score
yea it could very well be this because the truck has to raise the egt's in order to burn off the carbon in the particulate filter. going down the highway, you would never know it becuase you are running high enough egt's for it. however around town or idling, it has to make the egt's hotter to burn off the carbon, and i know it will inject more fuel to do this, but maybe it raises the rpm's also.

mfd573

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Ok makes sense... Should i let it do it's thing on high idle before shutting it down though...

Jemcon

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It is regen. If you don't let it finish the computer will keep trying to finish every time you start the truck. It takes about 15 -20 minutes to finish. It will happen about every tankfull. I have a 08 6.4 so I know what you mean. I didn't know except for reading on ther forums. Jeremy

mfd573

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jemcon,
I went to the dealer this morning and It did it when I put it in park. The two diesel techs said the same thing. Plus they just got back from the powerstroke school yesterday. They're just learning about it themselves.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jemcon,
I went to the dealer this morning and It did it when I put it in park. The two diesel techs said the same thing. Plus they just got back from the powerstroke school yesterday. They're just learning about it themselves.

and they cant wait to learn some more on YOUR truck ! :rant

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
and they cant wait to learn some more on YOUR truck ! :rant

Hey you gotta learn somewhere :dunno

If I was gonna have a tech work on my truck and he told me he didn't need to learn anymore, knew all there was to know, I'd find another tech quick :eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58