Please shoot me!!!

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got up this am to my neighbor needing help. His two year old well is pumping sand, so I give him the water hose to hook up to his house until his well is fixed. Well I go to the side of my house and find the septic tank imploded. A 10' x 8' hole in the yard. I call the septic people and they said 3 to 8K to replace tank and drain field. This is on top of the wife having thyroid surgery a week ago. After 3 day at the hospital I get her home on sat. My daughter shows up with the left side of her face drooping. So I run her to the ER and find out she is showing all the signs of MS. This is on top of dealing with my sons HIV, hepatitis A,C and cancer. Good thing is he's not stopping school he's keeping busy. Boy I know how to jump from the fry pan in to the fire.....

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep.. Be STRONG.. Everone needs you now, more than ever.

Joe

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, sounds like you have a plate full. I looked out in the front yard a few mo ago and where my septic tank is was a big hole in the ground. I called the septic tank guy and he said he would be here at 2 PM. We made the deal that he would replace it for $1800.00 plus the tank. I thought he was gone when I hear a knock on the door and he tells me to call my Inc. Co because my tank has been hit by Lighting. We called and they came out and all was covered but the deductible. I sure like my septic tank guy. LOL
Doug

Dogman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called my home owners ins. company and they are coming out to look at it Thursday. I checked are rain fall for Sunday night and it was 4.5" of rain at my house on top of the 8" this month so far. We are still getting some rain but it's fast like 5 min. or less then it's gone. I just praying that ins. will cover the tank and drain field. I walked across that and sank you to my ankles. My yard has never gotten this water logged in 20 years I have lived there.

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lawn will dry out...meanwhile a porto-o-potty might be in order if you can swing it, and more importantly if your wife can use it. Hope your daughter is ok...my mom had a weird incident when in her early 30's... Bell's Palsy I think it was called. Inconvenient...can't drink out of cans/bottles but mostly ok.

I wish you the best.

(replacing drain field unless it is really really old is silly and excessive imo).

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lawn will dry out...meanwhile a porto-o-potty might be in order if you can swing it, and more importantly if your wife can use it. Hope your daughter is ok...my mom had a weird incident when in her early 30's... Bell's Palsy I think it was called. Inconvenient...can't drink out of cans/bottles but mostly ok.

I wish you the best.

(replacing drain field unless it is really really old is silly and excessive imo).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58