Plow weight on an 04 PSD

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
Hey,

Currently have an 04 F250 PSD, extended cab. Had a plow on last year that came in at about 750 lbs. I could plow no ballast no problem, less then an inch squat. Ive upgraded to a new blade thats about 1050 lbs. Am i going to have an issue both with suspension and front axle weight? My truck has a 4800 lb GAWR on the front. Current suspension mods are an extra leaf. Can add airbags if nessesary. Any input appreciated.

Cheers
Jeff

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
thats like a blade off of a D8!

i dont know, but i think you should be ready to get some airbags.

atk

Reaction score
Hey,

Currently have an 04 F250 PSD, extended cab. Had a plow on last year that came in at about 750 lbs. I could plow no ballast no problem, less then an inch squat. Ive upgraded to a new blade thats about 1050 lbs. Am i going to have an issue both with suspension and front axle weight? My truck has a 4800 lb GAWR on the front. Current suspension mods are an extra leaf. Can add airbags if nessesary. Any input appreciated.

Cheers
Jeff[/QUOT

what kind of blade did you get that weighs that much?....i think with that much weight you will be putting alot stress on the front wheel bearings, ball joints etc....(that is alot of weight). as for the suspension, you could add more leaves or do the air bags....

WorthLess

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
ok ok time to let the cat out of the bag. The weight of 1025 lbs is mount included aswell I belive, same as a western wide out which people put on F250's. Here is the new blade, snoways new MEGA blades:

rev-01.jpg

rev-04.jpg

rev-06.jpg

Hey,

Cheers
Jeff[/QUOT

what kind of blade did you get that weighs that much?....i think with that much weight you will be putting alot stress on the front wheel bearings, ball joints etc....(that is alot of weight). as for the suspension, you could add more leaves or do the air bags....

WorthLess

atk

Reaction score
yeah, got to play with one at Western service school last year....anyway, keep me posted how the new plow works for you....;tu

Lynden-Jeff

Landscaper
Reaction score
This thing is so much better then the wide outs, you can control the wings 150* so with the add on wings (9" extensions on the hydralic wings) you can do an 11'4" straight blade, 8'6'' box pusher, 7'11" road transport or anywhere in between. Its crazy, good price too.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14