pmt with pyrometer

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool thanks for the heads up and the positive attitude towards the pmt, makes me feel comfier with it. i will deffinately keep updated. im waiting on the rest of the parts because i bought it off ebay the sellers girlfriend shipped only half of it and its coming standard mail and hes in utah me in texas.

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok got everything hoooked up last night minus the pyrometer (maybe saturday). now what i dont get is that all the shops and everyone swears you get better fuel mileage.... impossible bc of all the :burnit !! haha
wow that thing woke my truck up! now to stay out the pedal on the right!

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so heres a question for ya..... pyro is all hooked up but doesnt register on the pmt.

not sure if yall know how the pyro hooks up on the pmt but the pyro plugs into a little black box and then a cord from that box plugs into the obd2 adapter which then sends the signal to the pmt. whats weird is that it worked for a few seconds as i pulled out of my driveway. not sure whats going on.

second question- i put it where yall said under the driver side manifold but what should my egt's be so i can start monitoring when i get this working??

Thanks.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You want to keep the EGT at or below 1200°. You can run above 1200° for a short time, but not all day. Aluminum melts at 1240°. Ask this question from PMT.

Dave :dunno

trailey97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got off the phone with bullydog and they are going to replace the sending box that the pyro plugs into. even when the truck wasnt running it just steadily climbed temps...lol... and eventually set itself in defuel when it hit about 1200. BD said that with the placement it should be about 650 maybe a little bit higher but not much. i suspected it was the little black box all along.

thanks for your help daveben!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58