Help Needed Poor fuel mileage

kooldarrin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My truck isn't getting very good fuel mileage compared to my buddy IDstroker, who has pretty much the same setup as mine but has a year newer truck. He averages 15 to 18 miles to the gallon, where I'm lucky if I get 10 to 12 miles. We've put our heads together and have tried a few other things but haven't seen much improvement, so I could use a little input from everyone, it would be very much appreciated. By the way both trucks are 7.3's. :dunno

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
Well you do have big lift and tires by the looks of it. That will rob some mpg. Check yer exhaust back pressure sensor and tube. They can get clogged with soot. Brake calipers sticking?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I see that you have stacks and you probably like to hear them. You might drive with a heavy right foot. Your driving style has more to do with your mileage than anything. That and the lifted truck would account for the difference in mileage.

Dave :)

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swap trucks? ...is it driver ... is it truck ... or a little of both ...:dunno

RSG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, then that must be the answer! :clap: He needs to drive it like he stole it, right? :sweet

kooldarrin

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
IDSTROKER is too kind, but he's right I do drive like an old man trying to get better mileage and even before I put the stacks on, my mileage wasn't any better. At one time I had just the 315's with a leveling kit and my mileage was still not that good, maybe I need to get on it more often. Lol:lmao

Stroked68

This is FORD Country
Reaction score
IDSTROKER is too kind, but he's right I do drive like an old man trying to get better mileage and even before I put the stacks on, my mileage wasn't any better. At one time I had just the 315's with a leveling kit and my mileage was still not that good, maybe I need to get on it more often. Lol:lmao

What injectors are in it? How many miles? Maybe put some single shots in it, stage 1's or somethin. Yer foot def controls the fuel mileage. But dang, its so cool seein smoke roll out of the stacks. My mpg suffer obviously haha:sweet:sly

IDSTROKER

Blackfoot ID
Reaction score
I will answer for him i guess he has stock injectors and i think some where between 70,000 to 80,000 miles give or take. We have been beating are heads off the table trying to figure it out. now my truck also has stock injectors and 162,000 miles on it..:dunno

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58