POOR MPG

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
My truck is having a very poor MPG, about 8-9, the records of the first owner were between 15-20. I dont know if he has a chip o tuner.
The only thing is that I am using mexican diesel; I changed the intake for an open, the downpipe to 3/3.5" and installed a HPX.
The truck is a F250 PSD 1996, 3.55, E4OD.

Do I need an additive, or what are your opinions?

Thanks in Advance
From Mexico.:thanks

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Welcome to SDD, DOC-MX. Something isn't right with your truck to be getting only 8 or 9 mpg. I have run Mexican Diesel in my '93 truck without any noticeable changes in mileage. Maybe you should try Stanadyne fuel additive to see if that helps.

Dave

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome DaveBen, here in Mexico there are not Stanadyne fuel additive, but Im going to look for one here and try it.
DaveBen, yes I just change oils (Transmission, engine), filters (trans, engine and fuel) and clean the screen at the fuel pressure regulator.

Somebody told me if I add a quart of ATF in the diesel, or in the new oil filter when I change it, it will funtion like an additive and lubricater, whats your opinion.

Thanks again for your inputs

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
I watched a mechanic dump in some tranny fluid in mine to prime it after working on it. He told me the same thing that you have heard.
Craig
P.S. Howdy & welcome to the site!

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
thanks for the welcome happeetxn. An american friend of mine, who is traveling here in his RV gave one bottle of one additive, so Im going to probe it and let you know.

Dont you think could be bad injectors? because Im worry about it.

Thanks again.:thanks

DOC-MX

FOREIGN MEMBER
Reaction score
Daveben, yea the run is smooth and powerful, no to much smoke, she feels great.

I feel a little better with your comment.
:sweet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14