Pop!!

03bighossf250

Da Man
Reaction score
Thats what i heard going up the mountains in tennesse then I had no power or boost..Seems alot of boost can cause my boost tube to pop off the turbo. Anyone else had that problem.

Flopster843

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems to be a semi-common problem. Be sure to clean the boots super good and it'll probably stay on. If not, take something really abrasive and scuff up the pipes where the boots slide over and put an extra hose clamp on. Doing the CCV mod will help keep oil out of the boots as well.

keanoknick

Big Stroker
Reaction score
I had the same problem a few weeks ago.:rant
I talked to the guys at Banks, since that's what all my stuff is, and he said it's not uncommon, just to thoroughly degrease evertyhing before reassembling, and that if it happens again, I can put a thin coat of "Permatex, High Tack" on the inside of the boot and that it should not ever blow off again, atleast not in the same spot.:sweet

I was also warned that the Hight Tack, would make if difficult to remove the boots and boost tubes as well. I haven't done the High Tack yet, but plan on doing so if it happens again, and/or, when I get head studs and firerings:sly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58