popping through the exhaust

bob68vw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one problem after another. You can't hear it popping during normal driving, but when you get on it to pass someone you can hear it popping out the exhaust. Any ideas? Thanks Bob

bob68vw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no it's been on there, was on when I bought the truck in dec.

This truck is on thin ice with me

Last edited:

bob68vw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it does atk, and it is when i accelarate hard like when passing someone

clintusaf

Clint
Reaction score
about a month after i installed my exhaust, i noticed a popping sound. it was my exhaust setting on my transmission crossmember bolt. just a shot in the dark. don't give up on it. youll find out what it is.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes it does atk, and it is when i accelarate hard like when passing someone

Probably doing the same as my old 7.3. Its a 96 with a straight exhaust, and everytime I would get in it next to a building or car I would hear a popping sound. I think its just from exhaust gas rushing out. You can have it checked out if you want. I think its normal. If it was me, I'd get used to it unless it starts doing other things.

If it is normal and you don't like it, change your exhaust. Is it a full straight system or does it have the converter and/or muffler...????

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
about a month after i installed my exhaust, i noticed a popping sound. it was my exhaust setting on my transmission crossmember bolt. just a shot in the dark. don't give up on it. youll find out what it is.

Is it a popping or clanging sound?? Clint, did it do it all the time or just when you get in it?

bob68vw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is a popping sound. rammertide07 you can hear it when you are not by a wall or cars. My friend was in the truck and heard it and first thing he said " that don't sound right"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg