popping through the exhaust

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it is a popping sound. rammertide07 you can hear it when you are not by a wall or cars. My friend was in the truck and heard it and first thing he said " that don't sound right"

Well I could hear mine not beside cars or walls, but it was deafening especially next to a building. Sounded like a big bumble bee with a deep voice. If I wasn't 500mi from that truck I'd take a vid and post it so you could compare the sound to yours. It wouldn't hurt to do what Clint said and sheck your hangars and anything the exhaust may be against.

bob68vw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think thats what it is it does seem like it misses, forgot this also when you first drive it in the morning it will studder for lack of a better word, it only does it until it warms up

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think thats what it is it does seem like it misses, forgot this also when you first drive it in the morning it will studder for lack of a better word, it only does it until it warms up

Hmmm....not too familiar with the 6.0. Totally different animal from the 7.3. But usually when something runs better when it it warms up its a seal or gasket issue. Could be an injector. But somebody that drives or works on the 6.0's would be better to answer this.....

bob68vw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish it was a 7.3, I had a 2001 7.3 with no problems, this 6.0 is always something

atk

Reaction score

have your FICM(FUEL INJECTOR CONTROL MODULE) checked out....

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish it was a 7.3, I had a 2001 7.3 with no problems, this 6.0 is always something

Yea, thats why I don't know much about them. I try to stay FAR FAR AWAY from them. My buddy is looking at buying a 2004 6.0 dually. I've tried talking him out of buying it because it is a 6.0 and a dually. For one the engine and two, my single wheel base has never been behind a load that it couldn't pull but a dually could. Thats just too much ass imo to keep on the road.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58