Popping under floor mat

nswsparky

All my stuff
Reaction score
I would say check the double cardian joint on the front driveshaft. It is right under your feet. On my 200,000 mile truck I was pulling the trans and found a split u-joint in the Double Cardian. it takes a little bit but it can be rebuilt at home. but if you have your hubs unlocked it shouldent be spinning in 2wd so that might not be it.

rammertide07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say check the double cardian joint on the front driveshaft. It is right under your feet. On my 200,000 mile truck I was pulling the trans and found a split u-joint in the Double Cardian. it takes a little bit but it can be rebuilt at home. but if you have your hubs unlocked it shouldent be spinning in 2wd so that might not be it.

Yea, I actually took the locking hubs out to rule things out. I've just developed a grinding/vibration while going down the road. Doesn't matter if i'm accelerating or in neutral coasting...so ruled out the transmission:hail. I Just got a ranch hand bumper installed and I noticed that when I get to the bottom of a steep hill, the front gets weighed down and it gets really noticeable then. I think I got a axle seal leak on the rear passenger side. Also, I squared up both of the axle u-joints and pried on them with a bar. The entire left axle is new, so there wasn't much play in it. The passenger side had noticeble more play in it. Drive shaft and wheel bearings feel solid. So I'm thinking sometime soon I'm going to have the axle seal and u-joint replaced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58