Positive battery cable

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
The truck needs a new battery cable, I know they are pricey but where is the best place to get one for a good price? I need it for a 2001, Its the positive lead...

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Funny

It's funny you posted this now cause I'm almost sure mine needs them now after 9 years. Your better off making your own set and getting rid of the big aluminum lugs that the factory uses. By replacing only one your going to put an increased load on the others so I would suggest changing them all. Piece the parts together and give yourself some time to get r done and enjoy the results. I'll let you know the cost when I go to buy the cable and ends for mine.How have you determined that it needs a cable? Or is it very obvious?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be tracking this post too. Mine look good, no corrosion, clean, no weather checking or signs of anything.. but I'm wundering what the cable wire looks like.. after 10 years.

I'm a big fan of: If it Aint Broke.. Don't fix it. But :dunno

Any inputs ??????

Joe

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
I'm a fan of If It Ain't Broke, It Needs Maintenance To Stay Not Broke...

but as long as the insulation isn't all swelled up & split, I wouldn't think you'd have enough green crusties in there to say so..

suffice to say, when I service my truck, they (the battery posts & connections) get a good hosedown of corrosion inhibitor..

dieseldork

dieseldork
Reaction score
After pulling the chip out soooo many times to get Tony to reburn it, the terminal is so thrashed that it barely gets tight, the end that goes out of the terminal on the pass side is cracked and corroded. Its time to get it fixed the right way...oh and im still waiting for my chip to get here, this is the third go tound on the reburn, communication with TDP. Not great

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a fan of If It Ain't Broke, It Needs Maintenance To Stay Not Broke...

but as long as the insulation isn't all swelled up & split, I wouldn't think you'd have enough green crusties in there to say so..

suffice to say, when I service my truck, they (the battery posts & connections) get a good hosedown of corrosion inhibitor..

I hear ya JL.. I stay after mine too.. they all look real good, sooo, I'll jus keep on truck'n.

After pulling the chip out soooo many times to get Tony to reburn it, the terminal is so thrashed that it barely gets tight, the end that goes out of the terminal on the pass side is cracked and corroded. Its time to get it fixed the right way...oh and im still waiting for my chip to get here, this is the third go tound on the reburn, communication with TDP. Not great

I've noticed the same thing..That "New" kinda lead (aluminum ?) won't take much... If/when I do R&R the cables.. It'll be because the Clamp Connections are shot from just cleaning'm yearly.

More EPA driven.."Failure by Design" stuff I'm think'n.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Agreed

I hear ya JL.. I stay after mine too.. they all look real good, sooo, I'll jus keep on truck'n.

I've noticed the same thing..That "New" kinda lead (aluminum ?) won't take much... If/when I do R&R the cables.. It'll be because the Clamp Connections are shot from just cleaning'm yearly.

More EPA driven.."Failure by Design" stuff I'm think'n.

Big Joe I like that Failure by Design theory of yours not only cause it's true but I see it everyday, only difference is that I call it "Engineering Obselesence"...
Now have you guys seen the cables when they usually fail? inside out like corrosion and some guys never know untill the truck won't start. Any questions and I have always disconnected one battery at a time trying to start the truck at reasonable outside temps obviously. Then try the other one to see which one fails that test, assuming a load test has been done prior...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58