Possessed Truck???

Reaction score
Yesterday and then off and on last night it seems my truck had a mind of it's own - the lights would flash on and off. Noticed it the first time yesterday morning - drove the truck about 20 miles, 12 degrees out, parked in front of a customers home - got out, went to the back the noticed the tail lights and third brake light flash a few times. Didn't notice it for the rest of the day - then last night my wife tells me the lights are on in the truck. I go upstairs - no lights on. Later on my daughter tells me the brake lights and headlights are flashing.

You know - I got no clue on where to even start looking for a fault here.

Any ideas anybody? :dunno

Ron

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you got a Security system/Remote Start set up on it ? If so, I've seen those systems get Squirly sometimes.

:dunno

Joe

Reaction score
Have you got a Security system/Remote Start set up on it ? If so, I've seen those systems get Squirly sometimes.

:dunno

Joe

Nope - no remote start and no security system other than a Cyclops - but that simply disables the starting circuit and nothing else.

Ron

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
Thats not so bad. Mine started itself on several occasions. After several complete power failures at a high rate of speed.

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
Do you have trailer light/brake hookups? If so, I've seen them get screwed up and cause problems. My friend's ranger did that and he had no turn signals and would stay on when the truck was off. Just had to replace wires.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ron - is it just the parking lights or headlights and factory fogs too ?

could it be the switch ? any taps been made behind the switch ?

Reaction score
ron - is it just the parking lights or headlights and factory fogs too ?

could it be the switch ? any taps been made behind the switch ?

I only noticed the brake lights (and third brake light) - Donna said all the lights. I have one tap (solder connection) on the main switch which feeds the pillar gauges.

Haven't noticed it do again yet. We really didn't get any rain/moisture before it did this - but it did get down to 9 degrees overnight - and then it was about 12 while I was driving - so don't know. Am going to try and check out the trailer connections this weekend - but since I solder all those connections and used heat shrink/electric grease - I'd hope there isn't a problem there.

Dunno at the moment -

Ron

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
could be the brake interlock/cruise switch thats mounted on the brake pedal arm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member