Possible fuel pressure issues, No acceleration.

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I haven't posted on here in a while. The last time I posted was when I had fuel delivery problems. I replaced the fuel pump on the rail and the fuel pump in the tank. I know it sounds crazy but look at my ordeal here.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1177118-ugh-hutch-mod-issues-in-my-x.html

Now the last week I noticed my truck had no pick up/acceleration. It seemed very sluggish. I checked the fuel pressure and I am getting 60psi at an idle, then 60 psi when I wrap the throttle in park. Then when I foot brake it and get on the throttle the fuel pressure drops to about 35 psi. My fuel pump on the rail has been sounding weird, like pressure is building up (it begins to strain) and then spins freely, then pressure builds back up and then spins freely again. It doesnt sound like it is under constant pressure.

I am on vacation right now in Virginia beach and drove from New Jersey like this. Trying to get around people when the truck doesnt want to accelerate is frustrating. I just wanted to pick some of your brains so when I do get home I can fix this problem. I'm hoping it's not my trans. Nothing seems like it is slipping so I don't thing it's my trans. Oh, the other thing is my fuel mileage has gone up as well. This is the only reason, why I think I have a fuel delivery problem again.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd check out the FPR (fuel press regulator). Sounds like an O ring (the black one ?) could be worn'n leaking.. under demand ? Ford has a rebuilt kit.

Joe

toobsluver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got back from VA Beach last night. Had some problems on the way home. The worst was every time I hit a traffic light I had no pick up and you could tell that the engine was starving for fuel because it was shaking like crazy. When I stopped to get some fuel cause I only had a quarter tank left I went and filled it up and that seemed to help but the power still wasn't there like I am used to. So I am going back through my fuel system once more and see what I can find. I plan on looking at the FPR today. I didn't want to mess with it down in VA beach, go for bid something went wrong there. I would have just had to make the vacation longer! LOL

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also sounds like you might be get'n some Air leaking~mixing in yer fuel. check the filter cap O ring.. and do a visual of all the fuel line connections (?) for cracked rubber. (13 year old X ?)

Joe

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg