Potential Engine repair/replacement avoided!!

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
I have nothing against Bio but it tends to clean the tank and the lines and it shakes things up and it takes carefull considaration prior to use. Prefiltering is required. Bosh the injector manufactured has been tryng to get clean diesels fuel in US for years. This high sulfur fuel has been some of the blame for injector failures for years by all 3 Dodge Ford and GM. I feel the more junk you put in the more problems you will have. Europe's fuel has been much cleaner then the States for years. I was told that in Canada I have been using ULSD fuel for quit a while without knowing.

Wow...that's interesting.

B20 will NOT clean your tanks that fast. B99 might, but more like a few tanks. You prolly got poorly reacted biodiesel and had free glycerine that clogged your filter. The quality control of BD is a joke and the biggest hurdle for widespread approval by the injection manufacturers. Cummins is the only injection manufacturer to approve more than B5 with their approval of B20. But they only make some of their systems. Bosch, Nippondenso and Stanadyne won't approve higher %'s because of quality control.

As far as sulfur causing injector failures....who told you that? The removal of sulphur strips out the lubricants and makes the diesel a strong solvent that is cleaning out fleets tanks nationwide, not to mention a whole different animal for anti-gel additives. The distributor pumps are going bad like crazy, we sell on average 5 VP44s a week, and several Stanadyne DB2s from old IDI 6.2s, 6.9s, and 7.3s.

Oh...BTW...I'm a pump technician for Taylor Diesel and deal with this daily. When I get back from Stanadyne school in October I'll have more info on ULSD and bio.;)

caissiel

Laurent
Reaction score
I shave with Ivory soap, Clean my dirt with Dawn dishsoap, grease my hinges and bike chains with Pam, park my collection of cars with 2 cycle oil in the tanks, and never used any additive in my diesel so far everything has been well for me, My 6.2 had 300,000 miles with all originals though I was told twice to have the heads rebuild. Never had anyone else to work on my vehicles. I must be doing something right. My 6.5L was a great truck and I feel my 6.0L will be once its cleaned and driven for a while. All the service was done per the book and I feel there was no junk put in it because the technicians had no time to stop long enough to do it. They were Electricians after all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58