Potential Engine repair/replacement avoided!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Running with Stanadyne now

As part of my ongoing evaluation with alternative fuels & additives I made my stop at the 500PPM pumps this past Sunday to fill up with 80 gallons fuel but this time I added Stanadyne performance formula to the tank instead of Marvel.

My observations after the 30 mile trip up north the injectors quieted down I'd say 10-20%,engine starting remained the same along with EGT's stable at 600 degrees +/- 50 degrees but acceleration power is way up when you get into it.

Over the next 600-800 miles I'll monitor the MPG's and any other signs of change whether it be positive or negative but right now it's looking real good with Stanadyne.:sweet

Right now the 500PPM On Highway trucker fuel combined with Stanadyne is shining the best with Marvel very close behind then Lucas Fuel Treatment.

This is fun stuff:D :sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Closest is 500 I'm aware of is the Flying J down on 20 one exit west of 45. You have to pull into the second driveway then locate the next available pump set.

The farthest left two pumps are marked on the marquee ULSD you don't want those and are generally available and for good reason.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
how can i find 500 ppm diesel fuel in california? i live in the east bay ( hayward/fremont/oakland)
As far as I know at least with Flying J,their California locations no longer carry 500PPM fuel. You're going to have to check at the truckstops and at their individual pumps there'll be a decal displayed that clearly states if it's Ultra Low Sulfur(15 PPM) or the Low Sulfur Diesel (500 PPM).

stroker21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My problem here in West Texas is that there is so many oil fields out here, there are no alternative stations. All of our truck stops are now at the 15 crap. I noticed when they were starting to switch the fuels. I would fill up here with the 15 and go to the in laws. Then fill up with 500 on the way back and the 500 always was better mileage. I think that I will start adding the 2 stroke oil. I have been adding additives forever. Mainly the diesel kleen stuff. Last tank I used Lucas. not sure right now on how it is affecting.

drchris1024

SDD Security
Reaction score
Right now the 500PPM On Highway trucker fuel combined with Stanadyne is shining the best with Marvel very close behind then Lucas Fuel Treatment.

This is fun stuff:D :sweet

Are you saying that that combo is better than B20/B50??? There is a place that sells all blends about 20 or so miles from here.

On a side note...what happened to the "dunno" emoticon???

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Are you saying that that combo is better than B20/B50??? There is a place that sells all blends about 20 or so miles from here.

On a side note...what happened to the "dunno" emoticon???
I'd have to say yes Chris,the combination of 500PPM with Stanadyne/Lucas/Marvel has been working better for our 7.3L but the quality of B20 varies from location to location which can edge out straight pump diesel at times.

During a vb upgrade a few months ago a file pertaining to the smilies was lost or something,I've sent a ticket into the webmaster,hopefully we can get the dunno and others back in the lineup:sweet

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
During a vb upgrade a few months ago a file pertaining to the smilies was lost or something,I've sent a ticket into the webmaster,hopefully we can get the dunno and others back in the lineup:sweet

shrug.gif

:tounge

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Comon Roy you know I don't go to the dirty sites to obtain the dunno:D

Here's our :dunno back in the line up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member