Potential Engine repair/replacement avoided!!

CHPMustang

Reaction score
wow, thats pretty interesting, i've heard alot more injector noise/motor noise myself since this new fuel, thought it was just me....is there anything those can do that dont have access to biodiesel??...we only have the ULSD around here in jersey, the only additive i use is an antigel additive from howe's, or hughes, i forget the name exactly, is there anything better??..
Walmart carries Power Service Diesel Kleen in two forms one is the white bottle for antigel winter use and the grey bottle for non winter use which has a higher cetane count(has worked better in winter for us).

Another product that will definitely help with lubrication properties is Lucas Fuel Treatment.
woh! thank you verry much. second link has any awnser that i could think of asking for.:thumbs
Glad to be of help :sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
After running the new alternative fuel for a few days and changing the thermostat Weds I checked the fuel pressure which was now at 74 psi when before it was at 71 psi,so I had to back the pressure off abit so I don't push the injector O-rings too much.

Engine's still running great since Sunday:sweet

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Walmart carries Power Service Diesel Kleen in two forms one is the white bottle for antigel winter use and the grey bottle for non winter use which has a higher cetane count(has worked better in winter for us).

Another product that will definitely help with lubrication properties is Lucas Fuel Treatment.

Glad to be of help :sweet

cool, thanks for the help, i actually ordered a case of amsoil diesel concentrate and a couple bottles of their cetane improver, hopefully the concentrate will help quiet the old girl down some, lol.

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this a few weeks back and got some from mingo road up in denton.. It says bell road on yahoo maps, but its mingo road....

It did help greatly! I think the prepump mod will finish it up!!

I woudl have posted my findings at the drama stop like I did when I underwent the TRY everything thread, but the drama wasnt worth it!

SeeYa

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did this a few weeks back and got some from mingo road up in denton.. It says bell road on yahoo maps, but its mingo road....

It did help greatly! I think the prepump mod will finish it up!!

I woudl have posted my findings at the drama stop like I did when I underwent the TRY everything thread, but the drama wasnt worth it!

It's good to see that you got it resolved. :thumbs You do have to look at all things as a possibility. Sometimes it is something you would have never thought to be the culprit.

Last edited:

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Bill, good to hear the B20 fixed you up. I'm looking for a place to get it for my 6.0, I can tell a real difference between the LSD and ULSD. My 6.0 DOES NOT like ULSD at all, I need to buy stock in Power Service and Stanadyne.

Race22

Jim
Reaction score
I have filled up once with the ULSD and really haven't noticed a big difference. With it being so cold here, I don't know if I would notice anyway. It looks to me like the closes place for me to go to get B20 would be Lawton Okla. How much does this fuel cost and would it be worth it for me to drive from Okla City to Lawton to get fuel. I have a capacity of 88 gals.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Jim an alternative to driving to Lawton would be to stop at the Flying J on 40 in OKC and fill with the On Highway 500PPM fuel where the big rigs pull up to,that'll be a great alternative to BioDiesel and you being in Moore would only make sense to go the Flying J there at exit 140:sweet

Tony has my number if you needs to give me a ring,I been getting alot of feedback from around the internet on this issue.

Oklahoma Flying J locations:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58