Potential Engine repair/replacement avoided!!

Scar13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a little follow up,

just ULSD and warm weather this past weekend = great running truck!

Added a good amount of diesel kleen and even quieter!

There has to be something the PCM is gauging to make the truck run diffrent at colder temps?

So its not a chip or program issue, it only brings out the problem to a more audible level.

I wonder if at a certain temp the fuel changes? foams hardends gels something???

Diane, I woudl be happy to post this findings at TDS, but The PM's I got and the way the thread turned was not productive...

I know its none of the sensors are bad because I changed every one of them Literatly 287$ later....

Cold mornings 40s stock loud - chip LOUD!
Warm mornings 60's stock quiet - chip couldnt tell you there was a diffrence..

When the truck get to full temp and its warm outside I cant even hear my truck! The pcm has to be calibrating for somthing... Or ??

All I can say is the BIO helped! then warm weather even MORE SO!

Its obvious that the ULSD is a factor in the problem, and somethign about the colder weather perhaps compressing the injectors? IE tightening the engine up??

If I cant get my BIO Ill be using a good bit of DieselKleen per tank...

Im no expert, just doign alot of testing.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I got two tanks of B20 on a trip to Austin this weekend and am loving it. SO quiet and smooth again.
:D

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
sounds like there could be sufficient interest in Dallas for a bio co-op! especially if places keep dropping willie.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
hey lifted, havent seen you in awhile. just fyi, the station at RR 12 and 290 (used to be Mobil) has b20. you have to drive up to the pump to see the label.

john_from_ict

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Tx- Atty,
Have you found any B20 near Lubbock? Ralls is the closest I know of and they seem to be out quite often.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
none. I prefer higher concentrations if I can get it. Amarillo is the closest and that isnt reliable either according to Roosterdiesel. I gave up on the Ralls guys. They were supposed to have a b20 pump at 1585 and MLK ready over 6 months ago but, for whatever reason, have never finished the concrete pad or any other part that I can tell. Pump is there but no workie.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58