power converter? or inverter?

jester2284

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I looked around but couldn't find what I was looking for, and I have a question. I have a converter(or inverter the box is stored somewhere) its the one that goes from DC to AC. Anyway, it needs 24v power(had it for years, brought it home courtesy of the Army relocation Program), and i figure, my truck has two batteries (04 6.0) so...in theory...Both of them should be able to power the 24v supply. I'm no electrician, so i figured id make sure i wasnt about to fry something before i tried it...any ideas?

groundhawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your truck has a 12V system...wiring them parallel just doubles the amps. Here's a quick link so you can see what it means. The picture shows 6V, but it makes no difference...it's the same principal.

How to Connect your Battery in Series or Parallel - Printable Version

The quick answer is no...Although you could rewire the truck to get the "military surplus" to work, you would burn out most of the 12V stuff on the truck...lights, radio, computer...

bagstroke

Reaction score
Look up user name( Boadie) he put an inverter in his truck...Great job on the install...

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Look up user name( Boadie) he put an inverter in his truck...Great job on the install...

i think powerboatr did to :stir
his pics are here onsite
pm him if you have any questions,
i believe he mounted it inthe cab on the unused ecm support bracket next to the e- brake.
works good and he used an extension to add an outlet where the trash rect. hook used to be. Got a plug face from a escape hybrid so it looks factory

Reaction score
Yeah you dont wanna try to wire yer batteries up for 24 volts. You can pick up a top notch inverter for bout 75 bucks. You can sale that converter to a trucker though and prolly pay for a new one.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah you dont wanna try to wire yer batteries up for 24 volts. You can pick up a top notch inverter for bout 75 bucks. You can sale that converter to a trucker though and prolly pay for a new one.

X2 ;tu

King0581

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont really know what I'd (me personally) use one for but looks like something for me to look into when I get short on Mods! The wife could maybe blow dry her hair while we're going down the road! :D

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14