power door lock

danman

way up here
Reaction score
My driver side power door lock quit working yesterday. The switch still works the passenger side lock so I don`t think it is the switch:dunno . Could someone tell me how difficult it would be to remove the door panel and replace the lock motor. I would like to do this myself for future knowledge because I was told that this is a common problem with ford trucks.

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not that bad of a job to replace the lock mechanism, i did all four on my truck, your gonna pop the reflector out of the bottom of the panel and pop the switch panel up out of the panel, behind those are either 7 or 5.5 mm bolts, forget which, then you lift up on the door panel to remove it, dont try to pop it off, just lift up, then for the most part you'll unbolt the torx's that hold the latch to the door, you'll have to disconnect the main handle rod from the latch and you'll prob want to disconnect the interior handle from the door, if you do those things that should let you pull the latch out far enough so you can remove the lock mechanism, you'll see on the new lock mechanism how to remove it off of the latch, its very simple, you'll allready have the plugs off the latch and lock, ( forgot about them before) lol....all the lock does is slide off and on to the latch, hope this was enough of an explanation and hope it helps!:burnit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14