power door locks no worky

BigRedJeep

Mind if I Smoke
Reaction score
with my ext cab truck the door locks won't lock or unlock. they move a little thats about it. im gettin tired of reaching over the console and all the crap to unlock the other door, hope this is the right thread

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I have read another thread somewhere that discussed this very thing but dont remember where. If I remember correctly it was the general consensus that taking the door panel off and lubing the whole mechanism was the appropriate fix.

your2slow

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Actuators are probably the cause. I replaced mine just a few months ago, powerstrokeshop.com carries them for arounf $40 each

Blane

ME = CRAZY
Reaction score
if they move alittle then they are just sticking. i work in a body shop and im taking off door panels and what not all day, all the bars have grease on them and it can obviously wear out. mine do the same thing, just havent had time to fix it yet.

TurboTy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actuators most likely are the problem, the weakest ones will just give up or try to work a little bit, i had to replace one on mine, then once i did that one, the rf door went, lol...so i'm replacing the other three so i dont have to worry about it no more, and like you said, stop reachin across the damn truck for the lock, lol...i think i paid a little over 30 bucks at my ford dealer for the one i bought,

Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=330-010

I got these after market actuators and installed them on my 2000 pu and 2001 excursion. It is pretty simple, and takes some self tapping screws to anchor the actuator. You might need to experient a little bit for placement to make sure that it does not interfere with the windows, etc. They do just piggy back on, and I tapped into the normal actuators wire so that it uses the stock switch. The first one took me about an hour to install, the other 8 took me about an hour and a half. It is much better than the Ford actuator, and none of them have failed yet. When, (not if) the actuators fail in my 06 I will use them again.

heilman97

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yea, mine, my dads and my brothers fords did the same thing. It was the actuators :( it sucks but it's common w/ these fords

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58