power door

ProXJC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
My power door locks have not been working lately on my 01 F250. Niether the remote or the switches on the door work. Wondering if its the motor in the door or what?? Any ideas would be great.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My power door locks have not been working lately on my 01 F250. Niether the remote or the switches on the door work. Wondering if its the motor in the door or what?? Any ideas would be great.

Check the fuses yet ? If they're good... could be the door lock solenoids. I've been thru one pair on my 00.

Joe

skeeter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If they bump but don't physically cycle then it could be the actuators. I had to replace all four of mine as they failed almost in unison over two days. If they don't do anything (dead) then check your fuse, wiring and ground. A transceiver failure would be rather rare.

ProXJC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If they bump but don't physically cycle then it could be the actuators. I had to replace all four of mine as they failed almost in unison over two days. If they don't do anything (dead) then check your fuse, wiring and ground. A transceiver failure would be rather rare.

That's exactly what they are doing. They act like they want to cycle but just can't do it.
Its like when the front ones went the rear followed with in a week. Acuators you say, I will give it a try. Sucks their are four of them!

Last edited:

skeeter

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The price at the dealer range from 68 to 75 bucks each depending on how you order the parts. I used BWD DLA225 and DLA238 for about 48 each at Advanced Auto. They've been installed for about five months and barring any bad JuJu they'll last a few years. When you get to the fourth door you'll be on autopilot and cut the time almost in half. I would either borrow or buy a tool to unseat those plastic trees used on the door panel and inside the door just to minimize frustration and breaking stuff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg