Power Ratings??

dmaxrig

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, been a member for a while but bever made any post or new threads. Ive heard over and over and read on many different sites and magazines that the new 6.4 is going to 350/650. There is another site where someone is saying that the real numbers are going to be higher. He didnt say what they were going to be, just that they were going to be higher. What do you guys think, or have you heard anything about this? Im saying its just a rumor cause I know how this guy is, but Im not sure. What are your guys thoughts?:santa

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
i believe those numbers are the flywheels ratings. that is what the diesel tech at our local dealer told me. he was showing me some of his training software on the new 6.4 at the time.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
i am goin for plagarism here and i quote

"The all ne 6.4L ps that will be available for teh '08 fsd (on sale Jan. 1 2007) will be cleaner than its predecessor and make at least 350 hp @ 3k & 650 lb.ft @ 2k rpm's via a hp cr fuel system, piezo elec. fuel injec, and advanced particulate filtering. It can be paired to a 6 sp. manual or the ts 5 sp. auto - both utilize a new mounting system which should cure teh vibration issues once familiar to the diesel truck."

Take it for what it is worth...

patrickc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard that Dodge had to pump up the power on their 2008 trucks to try to match Ford's 350hp/650lbft plus. I guess they have to try to make the race even! Not a chance! I've been killin' rams and crushing rocks for years!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg