Power Service Additive

Fireman

Resident Of Hicktown
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I use Power Services rather regularly. Which don't get me wrong the stuff is awesome, I think. But anyways, with my 29 gal tank I run 16oz. I was wondering if anyone ever doulbled up the dose and what the result was? Alrighty, thanks for any input. *still workin on getin pics up of the truck*

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Doubling the dose wont harm anything other than your pocketbook. You might get a hair better fuel mileage, you might get a little less smoke and you might feel a difference in the seat dynomometer.

dpantazis

Reaction score
double dose

double dose: yes.

i used to run a double dose of white bottle PS in my VW PD-TDi to bump the cetane. let me emphasize i did this only on purpose to bump up the cetane of the fuel (cetane is an index of ignitability not chemical energy like octane). good winter fuel already has anti-gel in it and decent cetane. vw manual says cetane min of 45.

the VW PD motor is a unit injector actuated by a 3rd cam lobe per cylinder to pressurise the injector. and it has newer low voltage glow plugs, but no block heater.

i have since switched over to howes- mostly cuz crumm suggested it. after some fairly unscientific experiments this winter i found that both the PSD and TDI would start just fine without any additive like PS or howes when below zero. so, cetane boost for me is not needed.

dennis

CHPMustang

Reaction score
8oz of white PS with 4oz Lucas fuel treatment to 30 gallons fuel seems to be what our 7.3L grooves to best :sweet

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14