power steerin pump??

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
welll for maby a week or more my steering has been feelin a litttle funny...if im moving or stopped, when i turn the wheel thers a tiny vibration feeling and theres a strange smalll squealing noise if i listen really carfully...:dunno somone told me it sounds like the pump if it is where can i get a new one??besides the stealer?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get one at a Napa Auto Parts store or any other big chain store. It will be rebuilt, but that should not be a real problem.

Dave

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Yup, if you can deternine that the PS pump is what the problem is I would also vote for NAPA or similar.

SDEric

Here's my pride!
Reaction score
YOu could always choose the hydrualic upgrade. it's about $400 but it makes turning the wheel a ton sweeter. Let me look up the manufacture and get back to you.

wanderer

Reaction score
A common problem on these trucks, and it happened to me, is one of the lines coming out of the pump will blow off when you least expect it. It pukes the oil out, and no power steering. My pump was whining like yours, and about 6 months later the hose blew off. Pain to drive to the parts store under muscle power.

HTRDDSL

HTRDDSL
Reaction score
Thanks SDEric. I just saved that page in my favourites for future mods. Although I've haven't had a problem yet I constantly think about it.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
power steering pump

Howdy all,
I see some familiar names in here. Anyways, AutoZone quoted me a price on a power steering pump for just under 50.00 with a resevoir.
See ya',
Craig

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14