Power Steering Box

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't post here much, but I have a question.
The connection(s) to my power steering box are leaking. Does anyone have any advice on how to get to them? I'm hoping one is just loose, but I can't get a wrench on them.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup and wedge something in there to hold the liner up,, then some long open end or better yet line wrenches to tighten ,, it will be easy to inspect for the leak alo from this area

corp_0706_06_z+replace_master_cylinder+line_wrenches.jpg

Elk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was hoping for something quicker, but I do have a day off coming up.

Zmann ARGH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20 minutes tops
but thats only if it's loose and needs tightened
I almost doubt it .. but lets hope it's that simple

NJKen

Is a proud new daddy
Reaction score
Somebody has to get that lucky eventually! Usually the hose is gone when they start leaking.
Ken

superdub01

SDD USMC/Wyotech
Reaction score
there is a nylon washer on some fittings, and a rubber O-ring on others. depends on your pressure and return lines. all lines will still rotate even when the fitting is tight, so dont confuse that with a loose line. they are engineered that way to compensate for body flex and vibration. your best bet is to remove the intercooler tube, put a drain pan down, and take both fittings out. you can get the nylon fittings or O-rings at any parts store very cheap. if the fittings themselves (not sealing washers) seem worn out, just replace the whole line. i paid $35 for a pressure line. also gives a good reason to flush the system since you have it apart. also very easy. just have to jack it up and cut the wheels left to right similar to bleeding brakes. if you have questions, i'll give more details.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58